KEBBA SOSSEH | Gambian Bird Guide

I am a WABSA and Habitat Africa registered bird guide and wildlife tour leader. I can arrange transport for you and your friends to anywhere in The Gambia for bird and wildlife watching. Contact me at ksosseh@gmail.com or look for me at the Senegambia Hotel taxi car park. tel: +2209441507/ +2209911507

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Birding in the UK

Whilst I was staying with Steve and Liz in the UK (I am back home now in the Gambia), I was able to go birdwatching at many of the top sites.

I spent a day at Rutland Water (where the Birdfair is) with Steve and Liz

I went to Paxton Pits with Ray Mathews

I went to Titchwell a couple of times with Jim Swalwell (Geordie Jim)

And to Minsmere with Terry Leonard

I was lucky and I see many good birds like Bittern, Stone-curlew (like our thick-knee), Temminck's Stint and much more.

Where I stay with Steve amd Liz, around the house we spent many hours birdwatching on the fen and saw lots of Hobbies (like our Hobby), Marsh Harriers, even a Red Kite which I found. They get lots of small birds like Tree Sparrow in the garden. You can see Steve's site for things in his garden (including many moths).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home